As known by many grapefruit seed extract has numerous benefits and can effectively treat various diseases, one of which is a skin disease medically known as atrophic dermatitis or what is commonly known as eczema.
A person who is experiencing eczema needs more than a cure. A person with eczema needs something that would act in more ways than one particularly a supplement that has the capacity to eliminate viruses, fungi and bacteria while boosting the immune system. What he or she needs is the ideal treatment regime that can quantify for other succeeding illnesses. This is where grapefruit seed extract (GSE) comes in.
Before taking GSE
There are some important things that you need to consider before taking the GSE treatment. First, if you’re taking other medications for your eczema or any other condition for that matter, it is best to see a health expert first – like a family doctor. Always give yourself the benefit of the doubt when taking one medication after the other. It’s better to be safe than sorry. Second, never take undiluted GSE especially when dealing with the liquid form. This is because GSE has a bitter taste that is not appealing at all. Always take liquid GSE with a flavoured drink like fruit juices. Luckily for eczema sufferers, GSE may be administered topically. Lastly, no matter how safe GSE is, as what they say, always trust your gut. If you feel that you are having some allergic reaction upon taking it, you have to stop the treatment and immediately contact your healthcare provider about it.
Recipe for relief – topical administration
- The first thing that you have to do is to prepare the things that you need. In this case, you’ll just need GSE, soap, warm water and clean towel.
- Wash your face or whichever part of your body that is affected with eczema with warm water. On your hand, pour three drops of GSE. Massage the drops of GSE on the affected parts in a fine, circular motion for at least a minute. This time allotted is enough for the skin to absorb the GSE.
- After a minute or so, rinse and pat dry it with a clean towel. Do this routinely for at least twice a day. You can also opt on mixing the GSE with soap or, if the affected part is your face, with a cleanser. You will eventually notice some improvement after a week of religious application.
Recipe for relief – oral route
- Mix two drops of GSE in a 200 ml of distilled water and drink the entire solution.
- This must be done twice a day for about 30 days. The duration takes time since GSE not only targets a short term effect but also aims on something that has a longer and more permanent effect.